- There’s a screw in my tire. Tiny. I have to pay to get it patched. Tiny. I pray to God I won’t have to purchase a new one, but even though a tire purchase is nowhere in my budget for this week…hell, for this month. if I have to… still tiny.
- I get to work a few minutes late, but this is the morning that everyone decided to be off vacation and come into the office…so I have to park far away. Tiny.
- I forgot to get lunch money for my teen. Tiny.
- My shower head is dripping constantly. Tiny.
- The temperature is changing and I need to go shopping for my infant/toddler. Tiny.
- School loan payment is due again. Tiny.
- My dad’s sight is getting worse. Tiny.
- My mom has aches and pains. Tiny.
- I have a car. I was able to find the problem and come up with solutions before I started my long morning journey with my baby. The kids and I are safe.
- I have a job.
- I have a teen who is in school and not out in the streets.
- I have a home. with indoor plumbing.
- I’m a mom.
- I am college educated
- Daddy’s hearing is razor sharp! he’s quick with the comebacks. he’s hilarious
- Mom’s still a force to be reckoned with and she can pray the heavens open.
My tiny problems are enormous in the moment because they are all mine. But when I stop and put them in perspective… in comparison to what other people are dealing with…how dare I become worried? In the eyes of many and myself, my tiny problems are just that; tiny.